A. W. Court Funeral Directors are a privately owned, independent family run business offering the highest standard of care and facilities to those we serve in and around Kent.
For many, losing a loved one is an emotional experience that needs to be faced perhaps only twice in a lifetime. Yet at this moment of deepest grief some important decisions still need to be made. This is where the compassion, professionalism and community commitment of a SAIF independent funeral director can help to make this most difficult of times just that little bit more bearable.
Since 2001 A. W. Court has been under the ownership of West & Coe, a fully independent family owned and managed business that has served the community for over a century. As members of The National Society of Allied and Independent Funeral Directors (SAIF), we abide by a strict code of practice that provides further confidence in our professional service and approach.
Our premises offer full facilities for the care of your loved one, meaning they remain local to home, from the moment they come into our care until the day of the funeral. At the earliest stage possible you will deal directly with one of our experienced Funeral Directors who, if wished, will come to see you in the comfort of your own home and will advise and gently guide you through every aspect of the funeral arrangements, conduct the funeral on the day and assist with any further requirements. We believe this continuity of care is important. It gives you a reassuring familiar face at an often distressing and sometimes bewildering time.
Although the majority of the funerals we arrange are still very traditional, over recent years there has been an increase in families wishing for a more personalised funeral that reflects the loved one they have lost. Your allocated funeral director will assist you in making this possible in a number of ways ranging from, the coffin being carried by members of the family, members of the family being involved in the service, a bespoke design of coffin or floral tribute that may represent a favourite hobby, football team or sport. Or possibly just a particular piece of music that holds a special memory or significance. The options are endless. We will be very happy to help and guide you, in any request that you may have, to make your final goodbye a very special memory. Another area we have seen an increase in, is families wishing to arrange an environmentally friendly funeral. Again your allocated funeral director will be happy to discuss various options including woodland burial sites, coffins made entirely of natural products i.e. willow, seagrass, or bamboo and even wool.
At A. W. Court, we are one of only a few companies who offer male and female funeral directors. All staff are experienced with giving advice on matters such as registering a death, making the best arrangements, the many benefits of pre-paid funeral plans and bereavement support and advice.
Please visit the following pages to give you an idea on costs and disbursements.
In the words of our families
- ‘Your professionalism, dignity and sincerity was so very much appreciated.’
- ‘I would also like to express my admiration for the efficient and reverent way your firm conducted the funeral. It is just as I always expected from your firm.’
- ‘This is just a very quick note to thank you so much on behalf of all our family for your amazing support over the last couple of weeks, especially yesterday. I can’t tell you how comforting it has been to have you effectively by our side, guiding us through these very difficult times. Your professionalism, kindness and calmness has been a great help to us all for which we are eternally grateful. Many many thanks and my very best wishes.’
- ‘Just wanted to say a very big “Thank-you” for all your help and good will…myself and my family will always be grateful, you really are 1 in a million.’
- ‘We were also very pleased with the order of service sheets, they were prepared with special care & lovely touches.’
- ‘I am truly grateful for your level of professionalism coupled with a very personal element that was appreciated by us all and will never be forgotten. Thank you.’
- ‘I would like to express my appreciation and that of my family for the sympathetic and caring services rendered to us on the occasion of my husband’s funeral. The service was a fitting tribute to him and we are so grateful to all concerned in making it a truly memorable day.’
- ‘I couldn’t have asked for anything better. All your staff were so caring and kind.’
- ‘My daughter said she wouldn’t have coped without your support, and she was so grateful…You were all so caring and made a difficult day bearable.’
- ‘I would like to take this opportunity to express my heartfelt thanks for all that you and your colleagues did to make this dreadful and emotional time easier for myself, my family and Chris’s friends. I have attended several family funerals over the years and found them to be cold and impersonal: but you managed to put in many personal touches to ease the pain of the occasion. Thanks and congratulations for, what I feel was, a difficult job well done.’
- ‘I wish to thank you for your care for my Mum and my Dad and our family for their funerals. Dad did well when he chose you for Mum and himself.’
- ‘I would like to thank all the members of your staff and in particular Jamie and his team for the kind, considerate and professional manner in which they have dealt with our funeral arrangements. This together with the meticulous attention given to detail both on the day and before was, and judging by the many complimentary comments I received from those present felt, played a significant part in making the occasion a fitting and wonderful tribute to the memory of my wife…Thank you all once again.’